Monday, January 2, 2012

About This Blog

This blog is intended to illustrate the path I have been set on as shaman, medium and spiritual healer. My hope is that those who are called to the shamanic path find it useful.

You're going to notice a few things about this blog right off the bat. First of all, I may polish my words, but I don't varnish my opinions. I have very strong feelings on issues such as commercial neoshamanism, abusive group leaders, and practicing magic or spiritwork without any kind of ethical framework, and that is going to come out. Second, I will not be speaking to you as an academic or some "great spiritual leader". I am merely showing you what I believe and what works for me. Your mileage may vary, and frankly I wouldn't want you to simply swallow every damn thing that I write down without questioning, cross referencing and otherwise approaching it in a practical and intelligent way. Third, you will notice a distinct lack of wide-eyed idealism. I was just such an idealist a decade ago, and I got my ass kicked. I don't encourage it.

Some sections, such as the FAQ, will end up being edited for clarity and additions as people ask questions and the blog expands. Others will be standalone. Some of my posts will be transcripts of sessions with my spirit guides--or, like the section on ethics, a joint effort. I will make sure to label everything accordingly, but if you ever get confused or have questions, please drop me a comment and I'll address the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment